Make a 3D sculpture
In this live-streamed workshop, artist Julia Clarke will be showing us how to use wrapping, sticking, binding and balancing techniques on found objects to create beautiful 3D objects and sculptures. This workshop is hosted in partnership with Making Made Easy experts, Yodomo.
Get your materials ready in advance. You will need:
- Wool, thread, string, or anything else you could use for wrapping
- An old t-shirt cut up into long thin strips, garden twine, or old ribbons
- Sticks - e.g. twigs, pencils, chopsticks, toothpicks, lolly sticks or cut up pieces of cardboard, cereal packets, packaging, etc.
- Tape, masking tape, sticky tape, washi tape, any kind of tape! - elastic bands, old hair bands
- Strips of cut up carrier bags
- Paints if you have them
- Plain or scrap paper (if you need to sketch ideas)
- Inspirational images
Venue: Main Stage